Forms for Parents
At the bottom of this page are some of the forms that are available for parents to download. These are also available from the School Office.
Administration of Medication Form - for parents to complete if they require the school to administer short term medicine for their child.
Cycle Permit Form - for parents to complete if they wish their child to cycle to school and store the bicycle on the school grounds during the day
Annual Medical Consent form
Mobile Phone Permission (if your child absolutely have to bring a mobile phone to school, you must complete and return this form)
Acceptable IT Use - for all parents to complete and return to school
Permission to Share Data
Request for leave of absence form - for parents to complete if the wish to request authorised leave of absence for their child:
Term-time holidays are intended for children whose parents are unable to take holiday at any other time.
Chellaston Junior School will consider every application individually; its policy is NOT to grant leave of absence for a holiday other than in the most exceptional circumstances Time off school for family holidays is not a right. An application must be made in writing, with appropriate evidence, in advance of the intended holiday.
The law states that schools should not authorise leave of absence unless:
- An application has been made in advance by the parent with whom the pupil normally resides AND
- The Head teacher considers that there are exceptional circumstances relating to the application.
Chellaston Junior School will consider authorising holidays for (exceptional circumstances):
service personnel and other employees who are prevented from taking holidays out of term-time;
- when a family needs to spend time together to support each other during or after a crisis;
- parents who are subject to a strict and un-negotiable holiday rota and evidence is provided to this effect.
Requests for holidays for the following reasons will not be authorised:
- cheaper cost of holiday;
- availability of the desired accommodation;
- poor weather experienced in school holiday periods; and
- overlap with beginning or end of term.
Chellaston Junior School will respond to all requests for a leave of absence in writing giving the reasons for the decision.
Chellaston Junior School will NOT authorise a holiday during periods of national tests ie: SATs examinations.